Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August YL Essential Oils Information & My New Facebook Page

I've had a couple inquiries on oils so here we go! This month's topics will be about eczema, heartburn, and the oils to assist in reducing their symptoms. I'll be placing a new order on ​Wednesday, September 3 if you want or need anything. I'll also be ordering samples of the Peace & Calming, Thieves, Lemon, Peppermint and Lavender for any new comers who might like to try them.

Please remember:
1. I'm not a doctor and neither I nor the oils make miracles and they work differently for everyone.
2. Always do a test spot when trying new oils (the underside of the upper arm works best, and one drop will do).

Eczema
, by definition, is an inflammatory condition of the skin attended with itching and the exudation of serous matter. The exact causes of eczema are unknown but there are known triggers and irritants. Irritants can be soap, shampoo, detergents, disinfectants (like chlorine) and contact with fruit, veggies, or meat juices. Triggers can be allergens (dust, pets, pollens, mold, etc), food, stress, or hormones. This information found on www.nationaleczema.org.

Heartburn, by definition, is a burning sensation in the stomach, typically extending toward the esophagus and sometimes associated with the eructation of an acid fluid. Another variable definition, gastroesophageal reflux disease, is a chronic condition in which acid from the stomach flows back into the lower esophagus, causing pain or tissue damage. Triggers can be citrus, coffee, alcohol, eating to close to bedtime, or even exercise. This information found on www.stopheartburn.com

Oils to Assist Eczema

Lavender - a versatile essential oil (EO) used to cleanse, heal and soothe. The refreshing scent has properties to calm the mind and body. I hear it's great in lemonade too.
Rosemary - used for liver protection/conditions, throat and lung infections, and hair loss. This oil is traditionally used for improving mental clarity.
Melrose - a blend* of four EO's used to combat skin irritations with strong antiseptic properties. The oils in this blend also help regenerate damaged tissues and reduce inflammation.

Oils to Assist Heartburn

Spearmint - used to support normal digestion this oil works as an anti-inflammatory, mucolytic, anti-septic, and also increases metabolism.
Ginger - used to sooth minor digestive discomforts this oil works as an anti-inflammatory, anti-coagulant, and anesthetic. It's also good to use for rheumatism, arthritis, respiratory infections, congestion, muscle aches, and nausea.
Di-Gize - a blend* of eight EO's meant to promote a healthy digestive tract, this oil also relieves indigestion, heartburn, gas and bloating.

Oil to Assist Eczema and Heartburn

Lemon - taken internally this oil is believed to boost natural defenses; used topically it's a great pick-me-up to boost energy and mental clarity. I love to drink lemon in my water or in tea with local honey! ​If you have any questions regarding further details on the oils just let me know. ​

The Seed to Seal promise (one thing that makes them great) from Young Living is available here: http://www.seedtoseal.com/en
As always ​I would love to get feedback on topics ​or oils you'd like to learn more about, ​I'm looking forward to my September email which will be based on building immunity. I almost forgot, check out my new Facebook page LO.VE(if you can't find it just let me know and I'll get you hooked up).

If you are interested in ordering anything or have 
any questions please let me know! ​There's so much information out there, lets learn it together.

*blends of oils are a mixture of single oils (lavender, ginger, lemon, etc) put together.

No comments: