Thursday, March 10, 2011

Galapogos Islands

A couple weeks ago there was a three hour tv special (or not) on tv. Being that it was a Sunday and snowed in we decided to watch it. This location is also somewhere that my brother wanted to go at one point so it always sticks out to me.

It was interesting to learn about the animals that inhabit the island and the differences of the species and adaption to each island. Each island is different from the other which makes this an intriguing place to visit. Charles Darwin visited here way back when too. I'm a sucker for beautiful animals and wildlife and while I know this trip isn't close enough for me to be able to afford if I lived within driving distance I would definitely check this place out. That and they have animals called blue footed boobies. (tortoise, lizards, birds etc)

No comments: