Friday, May 18, 2012

Movin'

I don't get to travel as much as I would love to BUT I'm always moving and going places. This weekend is Syttende Mai in my new town, Stoughton (WI). The house is a disaster as I just moved three weeks ago on the tail end of a kitchen renovation that also involved part of the living room wall. A new ceiling in the kitchen caused us to also paint the living room ceiling as well. Lots of painting and let me tell you, I'm not a fan of ceiling painting, give me a wall any day. I am however new to living in a house that you actually have to do upkeep in. Sigh. As soon as the house is a bit more put together I'll paint one of the walls in the spare bedroom/office. Trainwreck Teal. Not going to lie, a little excited. The painting itself has been an experience along with realizing what goes into a home remodel and starting from the studs up.

I've been neglecting the blog as I've been busy and so has Brett. If I'm not gone, he is doing something with his Hometown Talent baseball team. Just last weekend we were in Milwaukee for a 13 inning Brewers game (They beat the Cubs). This weekend we're staying around home to experience actual "home life" - we'll check out the Paddle and Portage tonight, while tomorrow I'll check out the Art Fair and he'll playing baseball. If you're going to be around on Sunday bring your lawn chair for the parade that starts at 1:30!

Next weekend I head north to Tomah for a high school graduation and then on to Minocqua for a girls cabin retreat. I'm looking forward to the fresh air and lake of internet. My brain could use a little less stimulation for a while. Until then...

No comments: